Nordic Walking uses specially designed poles to enhance your natural walking experience. With a technique that is similar to the upper body action of classic cross-country skiing, Nordic Walking becomes a genuinely whole body exercise that can be enjoyed at many levels, from walking for health to athletic Nordic running. More than 10 million people globally enjoy this outdoor activity all year round.
How will it benefit my body?
Nordic Walking combines the simplicity and accessibility of walking with simultaneous core and upper body conditioning similar to Nordic skiing. The result is a full body workout, which means that you:
- burn up to 46% more calories compared to walking without poles
- release tension in the neck and shoulders
- improve your posture and gait
- strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- reduce the impact on the joints
And because Nordic Walking doesn’t feel like hard work you’ll be happy to walk further and for longer.
British Nordic Walking delivers the original INWA education programme for people wanting to become a qualified Nordic Walking Instructor. This 10 Step Method TM is a proven and effective way to teach people to Nordic Walk and to continue to progress and improve their technique and fitness.
Karen Ingram is a National Trainer and delivers this two-day course from Barefoot Studio
- teaching Nordic Walking using the INWA 10 Step Method TM
- using drills to improve technique and problem solve technique issues
- teaching safely in an outdoor environment
- planning great classes, interesting routes and fun sessions
- getting started - setting up new Nordic Walking groups and classes, how to market your Nordic Walking and be successful
We use video cameras during the course to film your own technique, this accelerates your own learning of the technique of Nordic walking and also develops your observational skills.
The whole course is packed full of information and is hugely enjoyable.
We highly recommend that you have experienced Nordic walking before coming on the course. We can arrange a lesson for you if you contact us.
You do not have to be a fitness instructor to teach Nordic walking, however, if you would also like to gain a fitness qualification alongside your Nordic Walking Instructor training then you may want to consider our CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking (Nordic Walking)
£345, including full-colour manual and certification.
For course dates please visit http://britishnordicwalking.org.uk